Antifreeze Poisoning in Cats: What to Know
Antifreeze is highly toxic to cats, and in the wintertime,…
Emma, a 2 year old English Mastiff, has a big appetite befitting of a dog of her size, however one day this monstrous appetite got her into big trouble. She wound up ingesting a plastic bag, a box, and several needles. The bag and box would have passed through, but the needles wouldnot and they got lodged into her colon requiring exploratory surgery for foreign body ingestion. After visiting the emergency vet, surgery, radiographs, IV fluids and medications, Emma’s pet parents were faced with a hefty vet bill. Thankfully Emma was insured with a PetFirst Lifetime 5,000 pet insurance policy and her family received 90% reimbursement of the vet costs.
-Insured since 2013