National Pitbull Awareness Day
October 26th is National Pitbull Awareness Day (NPBAD). This is…
$1,319.00 paid to the family of Maggie, an Aussie-Doodle from Oregon.
Maggie, a 5 year old Aussie-Doodle with a history of dietary indiscretion, thought it was a good idea to eat 24 oz. of milk chocolate peppermint bark one night. Boy was she wrong. An hour later she vomited and her pet parents discovered that she had eaten chocolate which can be deadly to dogs. After vomiting a few times she lay down with her pet parents for a while. When she got back up she seemed weak in the hinds. All of sudden her legs buckled and she fell down the last three steps of the staircase. Maggie’s family rushed her to the vet. After radiographs, bloodwork, hospitalization, fluids, hourly overnight monitoring, and ultrasounds, Maggie’s pet parents were faced with a vet bill totaling $1,565.55. Thankfully they had a PetFirst Lifetime pet insurance policy and after their $100 deductible were reimbursed for 90% of the vet costs!
-insured since 2010
National Pet Wellness Month: 5 Tips To Keep Your Pet Healthy
We love our pets like family, and we want them…