Pet Insurance in Washington
How Pet Insurance in Washington Works:
Pet insurance reimburses pet owners for vet bills resulting from an accident or illness. You can utilize PetFirst pet insurance in Washington at your favorite veterinarian, as well as emergency clinics, holistic facilities and specialists. There is no need to check if your veterinarian is in a “network.” You pay the treating vet, send us the bill and claim form, and we will reimburse you according to your pet insurance plan.
Why You Need Pet Insurance in Washington:
Accidents and illnesses can happen to any pet at any age, regardless of being an indoor or an outdoor pet.
Indoor pets are exposed to a variety of hazards such as:
- Poisoning- from eating foods that are toxic to dogs and cats such as raisins, grapes and chocolate, or medical pills. Commonly ingested medication includes Acetaminophen, NSAIDs (like Advil or Aleve)and antidepressants to name a few.
- Allergies- which may require life-long care to treat. Allergens can include things like cigarette smoke, pollen, shampoo and even some fabrics.
- Foreign body ingestions- from eating easily accessible items like dental floss, rubber bands, socks, coins and stuffing/squeakers from toys.
Outdoor pets are exposed to hazards such as:
- Other animals- potentially exposing them to infectious diseases, lacerations and bite wounds
- Chemicals- used outdoors from everything to car maintenance to insect control.
- Elements- the weather can be harmful to dogs and cats exposed to extreme elements, which can result in hypothermia, heat stroke and sunburns
- Vehicular trauma- from riding in the bed of a truck to running out in traffic, outdoor pets are faced with danger- especially in their own driveway
PetFirst offers pet owners protection from these and other hazards. It isn’t a matter of “if” your pet becomes sick or injured, it is a matter of “when.” Pet parents are able to choose the amount of coverage they would like for their pet, as well as customize their deductible and reimbursement percentage. You can view a complete list of coverage options for pet insurance in Washington here.
For example, you chose the Lifetime 5,000 policy for your cat with a $100 deductible and 90% reimbursement. He ends up with a $1,500 vet bill for ingesting the tails off four of his toy mice. You would only be responsible for paying $240 out of your pocket thanks to your cat’s pet insurance.
|Reimbursement %||x 90%|
|$1,260||Reimbursement paid to pet owner by PetFirst|