Antifreeze Poisoning in Cats: What to Know
Antifreeze is highly toxic to cats, and in the wintertime,…
Sammie is your typical 3-year-old dog, with a playful personality who loves to romp around with her two fur-sisters. That changed when Sammie’s parents heard her yelp and ran in to find her in a tussle with a Copperhead snake. With puncture wounds visible on the bridge of her nose, her parents rushed her to the veterinary hospital to be examined. After receiving antivenin and running several tests and prescribed some medication, Sammie was sent home to heal and her pet parents were faced with a vet bill totaling $1,260.75. Thankfully, they had a PetFirst pet insurance plan and were reimbursed $1,044.68. Sammie is still acting cautious and at times a bit fearful, but her parents are sure she will be back to playing with her sisters, Zee Zee and Somogyi soon!
Thank you to Sammie’s family for being PetFirst policyholders since 2012.