Staying On Top of Your Pet’s Eye Health
It’s essential that your pet has clear vision and healthy…
Onyx, a 1 year old Mixed Breed dog, learned the hard way that he shouldn’t eat bones. 2-3 days after consuming a marrow bone, Onyx was vomiting and in a lot of pain. A radiograph revealed that pieces of bone were lodged in his stomach. He was observed overnight but the next morning it was clear that surgery would be necessary to remove the foreign objects. After hospitalization, radiography, surgery, and medications, Onyx racked up almost $3,000 in vet bills. Thankfully his family had a PetFirst pet insurance policy and were reimbursed for 90% of the vet costs!
-Insured since 2014