Pet Insurance Claim of the Month: Electric Shock | PetFirst
PetFirst News

Pet Insurance Claim of the Month: Electric Shock

by PetFirst Pet Insurance
2 years ago

 

A recent PetFirst claim reminds us all to keep our cords hidden from our pets, especially during this time of year when extra cords can be found around the house from lights.

A brief overview of the claim:

  • Electrical Shock for Gipper (7-year-old Mixed Breed Dog)
  • Vet Bill: $941.40
  • PetFirst Paid: $757.27

THE STORY:

Gipper chewed on an electric cord and was shocked. The shock was so strong, it fractured one of his teeth. Gipper had to have surgery to repair the tooth and ended up electrifying his parents with the nearly $1,000 vet bill. His parents were glad PetFirst was there to reimburse them most of the expense. Gipper is back to his old self, and still getting into mischief- he ended up swallowing part of a plush toy not long afterwards…

Gipper chewed on an electric cord and was shocked. The shock was so strong, it fractured one of his teeth. Gipper had to have surgery to repair the tooth and ended up electrifying his parents with the nearly $1,000 vet bill. His parents were glad PetFirst was there to reimburse them most of the expense. Gipper is back to his old self, and still getting into mischief- he ended up swallowing part of a plush toy not long afterwards…

Remember to keep your pets safe this holiday season.

Ready? Start your free quote



Tags




You May Also Like...

Does My Pet Need Flea and Tick Preventative During the Winter?

Many pet owners look at wintertime as a welcome break…

by PetFirst
2 days ago

A Guide to Picking the Best Collar for Your Dog

With so many different types of dog collars on the…

by PetFirst
3 days ago

PetFirst Teams Up With MuttNation

PetFirst has teamed up with MuttNation, a 501c3 nonprofit founded…

by PetFirst
3 days ago

Start your free quote.

What is your pet's name?

Get My Free Quote Get Quote
855-270-7387

Customer Support


Blog
About Us Partnerships Email Us