The Sales Agent will work directly with pet parents to provide solutions for their pet insurance needs in a call center environment. He or she will manage and optimize inbound calls as well as other leads to increase policy sales. The Sales Agent will work to improve customer retention by problem solving, educating, and providing a WOW! experience for their customer.
Status: Full time
Reports to: Supervisor of Sales
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound email, chat and phone inquiries from pet parents for the purpose of selling pet insurance policies.
- Manage time and other resources to ensure sales goals are met consistently.
- Make outbound calls to current or prospective customers to sell pet insurance from warm leads.
- Handle all interactions promptly and effectively to minimize wait times.
- Build rapport with potential customers to reinforce the value of PetFirst’s brand and our pet insurance products.
- Build strong knowledge of products and services offered. Additional activities as directed by management.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of proven sales success within an inbound service environment, preferably a direct sales environment.
- Ability to operate in a fast-pace, multi-tasking environment with deadlines.
- Ability to obtain property and casualty insurance license (preparatory course provided by PetFirst).
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and phone communication skills.
- Excellent tracking, follow-up, negotiating, and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently overcome objections.
- Articulate, professional, and possesses a strong quality sales mindset with attention to detail.
- Proven history of adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong computer background using MS Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Flexible schedule requirements, with the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Proven attendance reliability.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Insurance industry sales experience
- Service industry and/or Contact Center experience
- Resident Property and Casualty Insurance License is preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 plus years sales experience