Status: Full Time
Reports to: Supervisor of Customer Experience
The Customer Experience Specialist will work directly with pet parents to provide solutions to their pet insurance needs and act as a liaison for internal departments such as claims, billing and sales. He or she will work to improve customer retention by problem solving, educating, and providing a WOW! experience for their customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound email, chat and phone inquiries from our customers, for the purpose of providing quality customer service.
- Handle all interactions promptly and effectively, focusing on one-call resolution and engagement.
- Build strong knowledge of services offered by continuously learning in order to assist in policy and claims details.
- Act as a liaison for internal departments such as claims, billing and sales by answering questions and escalating any possible issues up to be resolved.
- Focus on customer retention by overcoming objections to cancel policies, sharing the why behind resolution and providing the customer with a WOW! experience.
- Complete various projects per management request.
- Will perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Ability to operate in a fast-pace, multi-tasking environment with deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and phone communication skills.
- Excellent tracking, follow-up, negotiating, and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently overcome objections.
- Articulate, professional, and possesses a strong quality mindset with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly (to include our proprietary CRM system for managing customers).
- Proven history of adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong computer background using MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Flexible schedule requirements, with the ability to work evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Proven attendance reliability.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Insurance industry experience
- Contact Center experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 plus years customer service experience