National Pitbull Awareness Day
October 26th is National Pitbull Awareness Day (NPBAD). This is…
The curiosity of the average cat is well known, and it can get the best of even the most well-behaved kitten as it continues growing and exploring. This usually leads to situations that are more adorable than dangerous, but when it’s the latter, pet insurance becomes an invaluable commodity.
As recently illustrated with insurance for puppies, there are several reasons why it’s wise to get pet insurance for your furry companions while they’re young. With kittens, these reasons include:
1. Kittens require more routine appointments. After getting the mandatory vaccinations, boosters, and other prerequisites out of the way following the initial physical exam, it’s important to maintain regular check-ups. Kittens have weak immune systems, meaning they’re more susceptible to illnesses such as feline herpes until they’re at least several months old and fully vaccinated.
2. Curiosity leads to trouble. Kittens often do things they know they shouldn’t. This includes chewing on small objects like electrical cords, medication that has fallen on the floor or has been left on counters, or poisonous items like certain houseplants. Kittens can also be even more agile than older cats, meaning they’re capable of reaching high-up areas owners might think are inaccessible. Always double check your cat proof areas and ensure they are actually kitten proof.
3. Vehicular trauma. While older cats enjoy sneaking about under the shade of parked cars, they’re experienced enough to know when it’s time to dart out at the sound of an engine starting. Kittens, on the other hand, have yet to develop such responses, which can result in varying degrees of vehicular injury.
4. Lower premiums, cheaper coverage. As with puppies, pet insurance rates are based on age, breed and location. The younger the pet, the cheaper the insurance, which means kitten insurance is very affordable!
5. Avoiding complications with pre-existing conditions. Since pet insurance doesn’t cover pre-existing conditions incur, it’s better to get coverage for your kitten while it’s young and healthy so anything it is diagnosed with down the road is covered.
These are just a handful of reasons why it’s important to get pet insurance for kittens. Even the most loving pet owner can’t be sure when his or her pet will get sick, so simple preparedness is the best possible precaution.
When shopping for pet insurance, make sure your preferred plan covers chronic conditions which may occur throughout your cat’s life, while staying mindful of the lifetime and/or per-incident limits your policyoffers.
Here are few highlights ofthe great coverage benefits you and your kitten can receive with a PetFirst pet insurance plan:
National Pet Wellness Month: 5 Tips To Keep Your Pet Healthy
We love our pets like family, and we want them…