Should My Indoor Cat Have Pet Insurance?
There’s no doubt outdoor cats have a higher potential for…
Here are some quick tips to help you and your pet make it through winter’s waning days safely.
1. The best way to protect your pet from the elements is to bring them indoors!
2. If your pet stays outdoors, make sure they have shelter from the cold. Block the wind and put blankets on the ground to create a barrier between them and the ground.
3. Make sure outdoor water dishes are not frozen. Use a heated water dish or change the water frequently.
4. If your pet has a light coat, provide extra protection when they go out in the cold. There are lots of sweaters and such on the market that can help – or get some ideas here for DIY doggie sweaters!
5. Immediately wipe down your pets’ feet when they come in contact with salt or other ice-melting chemicals. These can irritate the pads and paws and cause pain.
6. Protect your pet with PetFirst! Despite being precautionary, accidents and illnesses still happen. Pet Insurance gives you piece of mind when they do.