Tuckers Tale: A Case of Poisonous Mushrooms | PetFirst
Pet Care & Health

Tuckers Tale: A Case of Poisonous Mushrooms

by PetFirst Pet Insurance
5 months ago

Curiosity got the best of Tucker, an 11 1/2 month old Labrador, when he found himself in the hospital. Tucker’s parents describe him as a very smart pup, but he couldn’t stay away from some poisonous mushrooms.

Tucker spent three days in the hospital to help treat his elevated liver enzymes due to the ingestion of poisonous substances. His care totaled almost $2600, fortunately because he was insured with PetFirst, almost 90% of this total was covered. We are happy to hear that Tucker is back to his happy and healthy self! 

Tucker’s tale helps us see that accidents happen to us all, even the smartest ones make some mistakes sometimes. If you believe your pet has possibly ingested a poisonous plant or other substance, you can call the 24/7 Pet Poison Helpline at 855-764-7661. Consultations with the Pet Poison Helpline are considered covered incidents for new illnesses and accidents. A list of common indoor and outdoor poisonous plants has been compiled here.  

PetFirst Pet Insurance provides you with peace of mind should anything were to happen. Get a quote today!

 

Happy and healthy Tucker once again!

Ready? Start your free quote



Tags




You May Also Like...

Tips For Traveling Safely with Pets During the Holidays

Guest Blogger: Lauren Lee The holiday season is a fun…

by PetFirst
5 hours ago

Everything You Need To Know About Adopting A Second Dog

Guest Blogger: Janine DeVault The saying “less is more” doesn’t…

by PetFirst
2 days ago

Safety Tips: Protect Your Dogs & Cats From Seasonal Hazards

Christmas lights, tinsel, glass decorations and the Christmas tree itself;…

by PetFirst
4 days ago

Start your free quote.

What is your pet's name?

Get My Free Quote Get Quote
855-270-7387

Customer Support


Blog
About Us Partnerships Email Us