Signs and Symptoms of Ulcers in Dogs
Stomach ulcers in dogs are more common than you would…
Toby the 2-year-old Golden Retriever is one lucky pup after having multiple razor blade pieces removed from his stomach! His family came home to find him chewing on a plastic razor, of all things. He was whisked to the vet where multiple metallic foreign bodies were revealed by an x-ray. One $800 Gastrostomy surgery, untold medical supplies, and a stay in the vet hospital later, and his parents were faced with a total bill of $2,253.81! But it’s a good thing Toby had pet insurance from PetFirst, because we reimbursed his family $1,983.43! So their total costs for such a costly surgery were just over $200 after a $50 deductible.
It’s a good lesson to learn to keep dangerous items out of the reach of your curious pets. But unfortunately not every accident can be avoided. That’s why we’re in business: to provide you peace of mind and protection against all possible accidents that could ever cause you to face a choice between the health of your pet, or the health of your bank account.