PetFirst considers the following to be routine or preventative:
- Routine examinations like annual vet exam, routine tests or screens
- Teeth cleaning or polishing
- Nail trimming, declawing, dewclaw removal, tail docking, and ear cropping
- Preventive treatments and diagnostics for, or conditions relating to, preventable parasites, including, but not limited to, heartworms.
- Treatment of external parasites such as fleas, lice, and ticks and preventable internal parasites such as heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and whipworms
- Removal of deciduous or “baby” teeth
- Spaying and neutering
- Anal gland expression
- Behavior training
Our plans do not provide coverage for preventive care, but you can add routine care coverage to any policy and greatly increase your coverage for many of the conditions and concerns listed above.