PetFirst Testimonial of the Month: December | PetFirst

Mojo the Dog Eats Chocolate, Gets Hospitalized for Induced Vomiting & Dose of Activated Charcoal

by PetFirst
5 years ago

I found Mojo feasting on a packet of homemade scones that were chock-full of chocolate chips.  They had apparently fallen unnoticed out of our upright freezer when we got something out.  The packet contained three scones and was wrapped in several layers of plastic wrap.  By the time I found him, Mojo had consumed two entire scones and started on the third one.  He also had eaten a huge hole in the plastic wrap.  It was a weekend evening, so I knew my vet would not be open.  I called a local small animal emergency hospital.  They told me to bring him in right away.

When I got Mojo to the hospital, they induced vomiting, watched him for a couple of hours, and gave him a dose of activated charcoal.  I paid the bill them the $168.25 bill and brought Mojo home with instructions to watch him carefully for any symptoms.  The next day I remembered that I had pet insurance, so I called the small animal hospital.  They were very helpful, and they took my information and submitted the claim.

Right away I received an e-mail confirmation from PetFirst that they had received my claim and would be following up on it.  Soon after, I received a check from PetFirst to reimburse me for all the cost except the $50 deductible.  I could not believe how easily it had all been handled with no hassle whatsoever!

Happily, Mojo made a full recovery, and I am secure in the knowledge that, if we ever have another emergency, Mojo will be covered.  Thank you, Pet First!

Ready? Start your free quote



Tags




You May Also Like...

6 Ways You Can Participate in National Foster a Pet Month

6 Ways You Can Participate in National Foster a Pet Month

The month of June is recognized as National Foster a…

by PetFirst
1 week ago
Animal Rights Awareness Week

Animal Rights Awareness Week

Animal Rights Awareness Week takes place during the third week…

by PetFirst
1 week ago
Is Jerky Safe For Dogs: National Jerky Day

Is Jerky Safe For Dogs: National Jerky Day

Happy National Jerky Day! Celebrated every year on June 12th,…

by PetFirst
2 weeks ago

Start your free quote.

Get My Free Quote Get Quote