PetFirst is the fastest growing pet insurance company in North America, and we are always looking for exceptional people.
We are committed to delivering value to each of our members and demonstrating world-class support for our partners, all while having a great time! Our entrepreneurial culture encourages innovation and empowers employees to respond quickly to opportunities.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Business casual and casual attire every day
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid PTO (personal time off)
- Fun money reimbursement for recreational or personal development activities
- Pet insurance for one or more of your furry family members
- Eligibility for service and performance awards
Our office is in Jeffersonville, IN, a quick drive from Louisville, KY. PetFirst is headquartered in a refurbished 19th century military building that was formerly the office of Quartermaster General Montgomery Meigs immediately following the Civil War.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inside Sales Representative
Will work directly with pet parents to provide solutions for their pet insurance needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage inbound email and phone inquiries from our customers for the purpose of selling a pet insurance policy.
- Make outbound calls to current or prospective customers in an attempt to sell Pet Insurance from warm leads.
- Handle all calls promptly and effectively to minimize customer wait times per company standards while at the same time focusing on building rapport.
- Build strong knowledge of services offered to assist in soft customer up-sell.
- Track and prepare reports as required by management.
- Additional activities as directed by management.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years of proven sales success within an inbound service environment, preferably a direct sales environment.
- Ability to operate in a fast-pace, multi-tasking environment with deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and phone communication skills.
- Excellent tracking, follow-up, negotiating, and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently overcome objections.
- Articulate, professional, and possesses a strong quality sales mindset with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly (to include our proprietary CRM system for managing customers).
- Proven history of adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong computer background using MS Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Flexible Schedule requirements, with the ability to work evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Proven attendance reliability.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in Insurance Sales, Service industry and/or Contact Center environment.
- Proven success in sales, with a sales conversion rate of 20% or better.
- Resident Property and Casualty Insurance License is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred; high school diploma or GED is required.