Will work directly with pet parents to provide solutions for their pet insurance needs in a call center environment. Will manage and optimize inbound calls and other leads to increase policy sales through the call center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage inbound email and phone inquiries from pet parents to sell pet insurance policies.
- Manage time and other resources to ensure sales goals are met consistently.
- Make outbound calls to current or prospective customers to sell pet insurance from warm leads.
- Handle all calls promptly and effectively to minimize wait times.
- Build rapport with potential customers to reinforce the value of PetFirst’s brand and our pet insurance products.
- Build strong knowledge of products and services offered.
- Additional activities as directed by management.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years of proven sales success within an inbound service environment, preferably a direct sales environment.
- Ability to operate in a fast-pace, multi-tasking environment with deadlines.
- Ability to obtain property and casualty insurance license (preparatory course provided by PetFirst).
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and phone communication skills.
- Excellent tracking, follow-up, negotiating, and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently overcome objections.
- Articulate, professional, and possesses a strong quality sales mindset with attention to detail.
- Proven history of adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong computer background using MS Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Flexible schedule requirements, with the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Proven attendance reliability.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in Insurance Sales, Service industry and/or Contact Center environment.
- Resident Property and Casualty Insurance License is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Interested in more information on this position, or would like to apply?
Reports To: General Manager of Operations