Pet Insurance Is Different Than People Insurance:
||Take your pet
to the vet
||Send us claim,
vet notes & invoice
in two weeks
Pet insurance for dogs and cats works vastly different than human healthcare plans. Medical insurance for pets is owner reimbursement based. This works in favor for pet parents since it allows you to use any licensed veterinarian, emergency clinic or specialist in the United States. You don't have to worry if a provider is "in-network", because there are no networks.
How Is Insurance for Pets Different Than Human Healthcare?
Learn more about our Lifetime plans and why they are considered one of the best rated pet insurance plans around.
- No network of providers to worry about
- Use any licensed vet, animal hospital, emergency clinic or veterinary specialist nationwide
- Veterinary offices don't have to "accept" it, because we do all the claim processing
- Pet insurance companies don't want to mandate veterinary prices- that is why PetFirst pays a percentage of what you are actually being charged, not a pre-determined rate
- Claims are processed quickly- in less than two weeks
Pet Insurance Enrollment With PetFirst:
Get a free, no obligation pet insurance quote now to see how affordable healthcare coverage can be for your dog, cat or entire furry family.
- No vet exam required
- Accident coverage begins at midnight EST following enrollment
- Illness coverage begins 14-days later
- Plans available for cats and dogs of all ages & breeds
- No sign-up fee
- No cancellation fee
- 14-day money back guarantee
- Pre-existing conditions will not prevent you from obtaining coverage
- Just like all pet insurance companies, pre-existing conditions will not be covered. Find out more about pre-existing conditions. However, PetFirst will still enroll pets with current issues or conditions, and reimburse for any future issues that arise unrelated to the pre-existing condition.
Flexible Pet Insurance Coverage With PetFirst:
Not exactly sure what your looking for in cat or dog insurance coverage? Let us help you with your research. Check out our Questions To Ask Before Purchasing Pet Insurance article.
- Upgrade, downgrade or cancel coverage at anytime
- Ability to pay monthly or annually
- Annual paying policyholders get an extra discount
- You choose your annual benefit amount (it resets each year), reimbursement percentage and deductible
- No per-incident or lifetime limits- you can be sure your pet has coverage for issues that pop-up, no matter what age
How Much Does Pet Insurance Cost?
The cost of pet insurance will vary based on the pet's age, breed and zip code they live in, as well as the plan coverage, limits and options you choose. Most pet insurance premiums will increase each year as the pet ages, since the risk for more expensive veterinary care costs increase too. Pet insurance is considered a property & casualty (P&C) line of insurance, and all plans and rates must be filed and approved by each state's Department of Insurance.
Get a quote to see how much pet insurance would cost for your pet.